Essentials 2nd Edition Complete Set - Volume 1
Everything you need to teach
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
- Differentiated instruction
- Three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Discovery-based instruction
- Engaging activities
- Meaningful practice
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of Speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary instruction with prefixes, suffixes, and Greek and Latin roots
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 2-6
- Struggling readers age 8 and up
- Struggling spellers age 8 and up
- Students with dyslexia
Volume 1 Complete SetThis set includes all the components of Essentials needed to teach the first semester of the curriculum.
- Essentials Teacher's Guide, 2nd ed., Volume 1
- Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd ed., Volume 1
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Morpheme Flash Cards, Set 1
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards (choose Cursive or Manuscript in the dropdown menu above)
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
The second half of Essentials, Volume 2, is currently in development. To teach the second volume, you will need to add the Volume 2 Teacher's Guide, Workbook, and Morpheme Cards.
Teaching multiple students?
Each additional student will need:
- Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd ed., Volume 1 (one per student)
- Spelling Journal (one per student)
- Phonogram Game Cards (if teaching more than four students; set of two decks per group of four students needed for most games)
- Optional: Phonogram Game Tiles (one set for every one or two students)
If you are teaching a struggling reader age 8 or above, you may wish to add:
- The Essentials Reader
- The Essentials Reader Student Activity Book
- The Essentials Reader Teacher's Guide
Our Phonics with Phonograms iOS app is a great way to hear and practice phonograms on the go!
- Students may complete Essentials 2nd edition lessons with either cursive or manuscript handwriting; the sample text is in a standard bookface font to allow greater flexibility.
- Choose your second set of Phonogram Game Cards (using the drop down menu above) according to which handwriting style the student is using.
Students who Struggle with Handwriting
- If the student struggles with handwriting or needs handwriting instruction, introduce either cursive or manuscript using the optional Essentials Pre-Lessons and The Rhythm of Handwriting.
- Learn why we recommend beginning with cursive.
Volume 2 of Essentials is currently in development and scheduled for release later in 2017. Learn more.
SKU: PE2CCS1 - Essentials 2nd Edition Volume 1 Complete Set - Cursive
SKU: PE2MCS1 - Essentials 2nd Edition Volume 1 Complete Set - Manuscript
Weight: 12.8 lb.
Essentials Teacher's Manual
- 632 pages
- Full color
- Casebound textbook
Essentials Student Workbook
- 320 pages
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend